You CAN drink the Water!
The recent Survivor All-Stars and Survivor Pearl Islands television series depicted Panama as a
country deep in history and culture. It is also home to a thriving cosmopolitan international banking
(over 100) center and the second largest Free Trade Zone in the world. Be it related to sociological,
health, business, alternative, or recreational tourism, Panama has it all!
Connected by the canal, a mere 50 miles separate the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans. As such other reasons
to visit this "Crossroads of the World" include…
- Safety - Panama boasts 1st world roads, business services, medical
care, and telecommunications infrastructure. It has the same safety rating as the United States
according to the Pinkerton Intelligence Agency.
- Proximity - Atlanta, Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, Newark,
and Orlando offer daily direct flights to Panama City.
- Language - Panamanians, some of the friendliest people in the
world, speak Spanish with English as a strong second language.
- Potable Water - It is not only safe to drink the tap water
throughout Panama, but also it is considered to be some of the best in the world. The government
mandates that the drinking water supply is regularly checked to ensure that it meets World
- Currency - While locals refer to it as the "Balboa," the US
dollar is the local currency. No need to exchange!
For additional information on tourism in Panama, perform an Internet search for the Panamanian tourism board, IPAT.